Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 63: June!

It is June. Whoa.
May was a month full of successes and defeats. I pushed myself forward and, in some senses, it worked… a new piece completed and performed (with shockingly positive responses all around), a children’s recital staged and over (thank God), new contacts made, a performance booked. Defeats…well I didn’t land any of the auditions that I went on and I am out of money. Class is on hold. Entertainment is on hold. Life is on hold. I hate money-but I love summer. C'est la vie.
In my bag this month: Apollo’s Angels: A History of Ballet. Wish me luck. This 600 page monster, by former dancer Jennifer Homans, weighs about 5lbs. and has only about 10 pictures. Better be riveting! I’ll let you know how it goes…
Happy June!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment